I compiled a round-up of video tutorials and webinars which I found most useful during the last couple of months of my training to become a data journalist.
A series of webinars by Alex Gimson from import.io on:
And good news – there will be more! Watch this space: http://blog.import.io/
A series of webinars by Jewel Loree from Tableau on:
- Basic Tableau Proficiency
- Actions, Filters and Parameters in Tableau Public
- Data Formatting, joins, blends, and table calculations
Two more to come, stay tuned on Tableau Software YouTube channel.
A tutotial by Andrew Hill on using CartoDB for mapping:
Two Google Fusion Tables tutorials which will teach you how to make:
and here come two webinars you can still take part in:
- Doing Journalism with Data: First Steps, Skills and Tools – run by the European Journalism Centre
- Making Sense of Data – by Google
Obviously, the list is not exhaustive and you would need to do some more reading around the content of the tutorials. Blogs run by the people behind the software should be very helpful in getting more insight into the particular problems you might encounter on the way.